SGM provides an engineering solution for its clients
Photographed above is the vessel, Desert Diamond in a dry-dock in Cape Town.
Hesper Engineering, a subsidiary of Sturrock Grindrod Maritime (SGM) completed the dry docking of the fishing trawler, the Desert Diamond, during the month of May. The scope of work included:
- Tailshaft, rudder and OD Box repairs
- Removal, overhaul and pressure testing of the seawater and overboard valves.
- Repairs to the shaft and auxiliary alternators
- Repairs to the net guiding winch (port & stbd)
- Repairs and load testing of gangways and cargo booms
- News sheaves and pulleys
- Fabrication and fitting of new seawater pipes