CEO Coffee Sessions
At CEO Coffee sessions during the course of the year, staff in Durban, Richards Bay, Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Maputo enjoyed a cup of coffee and a chat with Andrew Waller. The sessions have proved to be a great success. Staff get to meet colleagues from different divisions, they are given the opportunity to ask questions about the business and provide some insight into their own operations.
Maputo: Pedro poh Quong - General Manager Operations, Antonio Massanica – Manager, Jose Macie – General Manager Maintenance, Carl Bagge – General Manager, Anilza Omargy – Financial Manager, Julieta Litiho – National Finance Manager, Orlando Mouzinho – Line Manager / SHEQ, Samuel Cuna – Manager /ER, Oladapo Carew – Manager / IT, Catia Nunes – Administrator, Dudley Abdul – Line Manager, Raiman Fernandes - Supervisor
Durban From Left standing: Mthobisi Ngilande (GSA Finance), Matthew Preiss (SGM), Albert Erasmus (GIM), Thauven Pillay (Fuelogic), Andrew Waller, Vernon Reddy (OACL), Angelica Makran (SGM) From left seated: Anamika Ethwarue (GIM), Samukelisiwe Cele (AUTO), Primeshri Moodley (OACL), Haseena Latif (GSA Finance)
Grindrod Terminal's staff in Richards Bay Front row from left: Nombulelo MthembuArtisan Boilermaker, Ntombi Mseleje Logistics Administrator, Valentine Ndlovu (back )SHERQ Officer, Lungi Mnguni Semi-Skilled Electrician, Bheka Ndlovu (back) GM Operations, Back row from left: Andrew Waller, Fabio Ramdhari Semi-Skilled Electrician, Lucky Ngidi Foreman (Grindrod Stevedores), Petros Xulu Driver (Grindrod Stevedores)
Cape Town From left: Andrew Waller, Denzil Naicker (Automotive), Lesley Barrington (SGM), Mary Oliver (Nova), Kyle Fisher (Nova), Joann Newman (SGM), Elfranco Arries (SGM), Greshin Solomons (OACL), Ricardo Paulse (OACL)
Feedback from participants:
- It is motivational to share ideas and key projects directly with Andrew.
- Employees loved the opportunity to interact with colleagues from other divisions.
- The sessions promoted engagement between the divisions and promoted the sharing of ideas and innovations.
- Provided a platform to share knowledge and information on specific projects and discuss key points.
- Beneficial for all participants to have exposure to other divisions and other methods of working - working smarter.